Pineapple paste (pineapple jam) is the filling for pineapple pastry, also can use for tarts. You can get to take control of the texture, sweetness and spiced flavor. It’s very simple to make by yourself.
Ingredients (150 g)
- Large pineapples (slightly ripened) – 200 g
- Castor sugar – 40 g
- Maltose – 25 g
- Unsalted butter – 10 g
Tools & Equipment
Pots and Pans
- Cut off the top and bottom of each pineapple. Trim off the skin all around and grate each one until reach the core.
- Place the grated pineapples in a large pot and cook, add the castor sugar, add the maltose, and stirring constantly until it is thickened. (Leave enough juices mixed in with the grated pineapples for cooking. When stirring, always scooping the mixture from the bottom to the top all around.)
- When the mixture gets drier and more paste, reduce heat to low, and stir continuously to prevent burning, add the unsalted butter and taste.
- Then remove the pot from heat, place aside to cool.
Finish and enjoy your time