- 3 eggs
- Sugar 60 g
- Milk 250 g
- Sugar 60 g
- Water 30 g
- Hot water 20 g
Tools & Equipment
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Put the sugar and water in a pot on the medium heat until the sugar starts turning golden.
- Quickly add the hot water and stir (Be careful when you pour hot water into caramel sauce. You have to avoid the hot sauce splashing and burning your hand)
- Pour the caramel evenly into the custard cups, and put them into a fridge. (The caramel sauce needs to harden completely before you pour in the flan mixture.)
- Add the eggs into a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a balloon whisk but not foamy, and place aside.
- Add the milk and castor sugar in a pot. Heat and stir until all the sugar is dissolved, then Remove from the heat.
- Pour the milk mixture into the eggs slowly and stirring constantly.
- Pour the egg mixture through a sieve two times into a container.
- Take the custard cups out of the fridge, and fill the custard cups with the egg mixture.
- Prepare the water bath with a deep tray. Place the custard cups in the tray and pour hot water into the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 300°F (150°C) for 25~30 mins.
- Remove from the oven, let the cups cool down completely. And place them into the fridge for a 3~4 hours.
- Using the tip of a knife to scrape the side of the cup, place a plate on top of the cup and turn it upside down. Serve the caramel custard pudding on a plate.
Finish and enjoy your time.