Scone is often slightly sweetened. We try to make salty scone, garlic scone with black pepper today. You will smell the fragrance with fresh garlic and black pepper, especially when baking. The scone looked so appetizing that you can’t wait to eat. Let’s do it!
YIELD: 6~8 scones | Time: 50 min
- All-purpose flour 200 g
- Baking powder 6 g (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Unsalted butter 50 g (Cold Butter)
- Salt 3 g (1/2 teaspoon)
- Granulated sugar 15 g (1 tablespoon)
- Whole milk 60 g
- 1 medium egg
- 3~4 cloves of wild garlic
- Ground black pepper
Tools & Equipment
1. Chop the garlic in a bowl. Place aside.
2. Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter into a food processer and mix for 10~15 sec until the butter is well incorporated into the flour. The flour mixture resembles breadcrumbs, soft texture.
3. Transfer the flour mixture into a mixing bowl.
4. Add egg and milk in the mixing bowl, and roughly combine with the flour mixture by hand quickly. Then add chopped garlic and some black pepper, continue to mix the mixture until becoming a dough.
5. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30~40 min.
6. Preheat the oven 350°F/180°C.
7. Spread some flour on the dough. Roll and fold the dough into thirds; fold the top edge a third of the way down, and fold the bottom edge up. Repeating this step again.
8. Roll the dough into 1-inch thick. Use a cutter to cut circles, and line on a baking sheet. (Tip: Push straight down, don’t twist the cutter)
9. Brush milk on the top and bake for 15~20 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. Serve the garlic scone with black pepper.
Finish and enjoy