Borscht is a very common and tasty soup in Taiwan restaurants. But we make a little different flavor from classic borscht. It tastes sweet and light with various vegetables and beef. Many moms often make this nutritious soup for her family. Let’s do it.
YIELD: 2~3 people | Time: 50 minutes
- Beef 300 g
- 1 Onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2~3 celery stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chicken stock 400 cc
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 tablespoon Italian sauce
- Water 1000 cc
Tools & Equipment
Pots and Pans
1. Dice the carrot, onion, tomatoes, potatoes, and celery into pieces and place on a dish. Put aside.
2. Slice the beef into small pieces and blanch for 3 minutes and place it into an adjacent container for disposal.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot. Add the diced onion in the pot and stir fry until soft.
4. Add the diced celery and carrot in the pot and stir fry for 1 min.
5. Add the diced tomato and potato and continue stir fry for 30 sec.
6. Add the Italian source and ground black pepper, and stir well.
7. Add the sliced beef, chicken stock, water, and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
8. Serve the Taiwan Style Borscht.
Finish and enjoy