In Taiwan, Dongzhi was celebrated as an end-of-harvest festival originally. Today, it symbolizes a family reunion and growing a year older when we eat tangyuan on the Dongzhi (Winter Solstice) Festival. There are many kinds of tangyuan. They can be either small or large and filled or unfilled. But today, we will make fried tangyuan one of the most popular tangyuan. It’s a fantastic, crispy surface and cover with peanut powder and a chewy texture. You must try it!
YIELD: For 3~4 people | TIME: 25 minutes
- Traditional tangyuan 250~300 g
- Potato starch 50 g
- Grounded peanut 30 g
- Icing sugar 30 g
- Vegetable oil
Tools & Equipment
1. Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (360°F)
2. Pour potato starch into a tray and coat the tangyuan with potato starch.
3. Place the tangyuan in the fry basket and insert it into the air fryer. Cook it for 3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, open the basket and brush the tangyuan with vegetable oil. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
5. While the tangyuan is cooking, we can make peanut powder. Pour ground peanut and icing sugar into a bowl and mix well.
6. After finished frying, pour them into the tray and let them coat with peanut powder.
7. Serve the Fried Tangyuan
Finish and enjoy