This recipe is Taiwanese style pickled cucumber, which you can find this appetizer in Asia restaurant. You can simply make crunchy and authentic pickled cucumber at home.
YIELD: Serve for 2~3 people | Time: 30 min
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Half a chili pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Half a fresh lemon
Tools & Equipment
Grillers Garlic Press
1. Wash the cucumber, and cut off both ends of cucumber.
2. Cut each cucumber into 4 equal sections, and then cut each section into 6 equal-sized strips.
3. Transfer to a bowl, add the salt and gently stir. Set aside for 20 min.
4. After 20 min, dump out the liquid from the bowl and drain the cucumbers. Rinse off the salt with filtered water.
5. Put the cucumber into a bowl, add the garlic, chili pepper, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix everything well.
6. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 3~4 hours.
7. Serve the Taiwanese pickled cucumber.
Finish and enjoy
- If you like to pickle more, keep in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
- Dump out the liquid and drain the cucumber can make it crunchy.
- Lemon is tasted mild. If you like more sour, you can replace lemon juice with vinegar.