Would you like to try to make unique shape cookies for your kid? It is easy and quick to make this cow cookie. It is also perfect for a party. When the cookie comes out, it will catch everyone’s attention. Moreover, this recipe is what I bake for many years. People who have eaten all love it. Let’s do it now.
YIELD: about 20 cookies | PREP TIME: 1 hour 10 mins | BAKE TIME: 15 mins
- Unsalted butter 100 g
- Icing sugar 60 g
- 1 medium egg
- Cake flour 200 g (Low Gluten Flour)
- Chocolate powder 5 g
Tools & Equipment
1. Slice the butter into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until soft.
2. Add sugar in the mixing bowl and continue beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk and beat each time until mix well.
4. Separate three tablespoons of cake flour into another small bowl.
5. Add other cake flour in the mixing bowl and stir with a spatula until mix well. (Do not over stir)
6. We make the basic cookie dough first. Divide the cake flour mixture into 1/3 in another mixing bowl. (This part of the cake flour mixture is for making chocolate dough) Add three tablespoons cake flour in the mixing bowl and stir until the mixture forms a dough. (Do not over stir)
7. Then we make the chocolate dough. Add the leftover cake flour mixture and chocolate powder in the mixing bowl, and stir with a spatula until the mixture forms a dough. (Do not over stir)
8. Wrap the two dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. Preheat the oven 340°F/170°C
10. Spread some flour on the cookie dough and flatten the dough.
11. Add some small piece chocolate dough on the flatten dough and roll again the cookie dough into 0.5 cm thick.
12. Cut with a cow cookie cutter and line on a baking sheet. (Tip: Press straight down instead of twisting. Dip the cutter in flour repeatedly to keep it from sticking)
13. Bake for 13~15 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Remove from the oven and place to cool.
14. Serve the Cow Cookies.
Note: If you have some leftover chocolate dough, you can bake chocolate cookie with it or adjust step 6 the cake flour mixture into 1/5 in mixing bowl.